Pair US zip codes with the correct 2012 USDA hardiness zone
This hardiness zone data comes in a single table which can be easily imported and joined by zip code to your existing geocode database. Perfect for building your own hardiness zone lookup app or dynamic map application.
- Available in Excel & CSV format
- 41,824 unique US Zip Codes with matching USDA Hardiness Zone pairs
- Includes current zip codes for all 50 states + Puerto Rico
- Includes a separate legend table that matches the zone to the correct temperature range.
- Does not include zip codes to other military zones outside the US, commonwealths, or outlying islands.
- Last Updated February 2012
Accuracy of Data
The USDA originally compiled this data in 2012, but from time to time the US Postal Service activates new zip codes. For the newer zip codes, I have extrapolated the zone from the nearest original data. The data contained in the 'distance' column is the extrapolation error (in miles). This should allow you to judge for yourself whether or not a particular zip / zone pair satisfies the requirements of your application.
Purchase & Delivery
Select the format you would like below. Once your PayPal payment is complete, the dataset will be automatically emailed to the address on file with your PayPal account.
If you do not receive an email within 10 minutes, please double check that it has not been flagged by your spam filter. The email is sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any other questions about the data, please contact me at the link below.